Good Food Ireland
Good Food Ireland approached Biznet IIS with the initial request for website Redesign and Content Management System. The existing website was a primarily static website providing brochure style content for the organisation and its members.
Good Food Ireland is a membership based organisation whose goal is to promote the Island of Ireland as an exciting holiday destination for food enthusiasts. The existing website did not match the organisation’s offline presence, activities and enthusiasm. Nor did it assist the organisation in achieving its online goals.
Biznet IIS was also requested to produce a report on potential content types to deliver which would enhance the user experience and enable Good Food Ireland to present Ireland (and each member) as an exciting destination for culinary enthusiasts.
Biznet IIS produced a report outlining a range of exciting and innovative methods of delivering content and generating website traffic. All of these content types were to be easily managed within the user friendly CMS. A key element of the Biznet IIS proposal was to distribute website content creation responsibilities from the relatively small Good Food Ireland team and out to the wider membership base. By enabling members to contribute online content and to drive the website forward it was hoped that much more vibrant and substantial website would be developed over time.
In order that this approach to content management was to work for Good Food Ireland – an extremely user friendly Content Management System was required. In addition to this a user friendly and effective method of relating content (such as news items / events / media items) to each member’s profile was required.
All of this functionality and content was to be presented in a suitably aesthetically pleasing website which enabled users to navigate effortlessly through the site whilst being exposed to exciting content and imagery.
The features of the project include:
- The company’s award winning website design department was deployed to create a series of user centred exciting design templates.
- Generation of website structure and information architecture including usability and accessibility studies.
- The deployment of an Enterprise Level CMS enables Good Food Ireland’s team to easily and quickly update all web content including standard content pages, latest news and events, recipes and member details. Rich Media content such as Audio, Video and images are also managed via this CMS.
- An e-commerce facility was developed to enable users to book accommodation and or purchase products from the member organisations. This facility includes special offers and promotions management.
- A custom member’s database was developed to enable Good Food Ireland to maintain and publish information relevant to each particular member type e.g. Hotel or Food Producer. This facility also includes a bespoke search engine
- Creation of a Good Food Ireland Food Club which includes a sophisticated email marketing campaign manager.
- A sophisticated Itinerary Builder enables the Good Food Ireland team to easily add members and attractions to any Itinerary. That member is then automatically plotted on the Google Map for that Itinerary
- Content associations can be easily managed enabling the cross fertilisation of content. This feature ensures that members can be associated and presented to the user when they are browsing related news, events, products or even itineraries.
- SEO campaign
The project was completed on time and within budget in October 2007. Since then, Good Food Ireland has found a substantial increase in customer conversions and subscriptions for memberships. Each member is now independently promoted via the various search engines and website visitors have substantially increased.
At present, Biznet IIS is engaged for the delivery of a second phase of this project including Web 2.0 features such as Blogs, Wiki’s and other social networking facilities and integration.
View the Website