As an existing client of biznet IIS for over 10 years, the Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership commissioned biznet IIS to redesign, develop and host their new website using Kentico CMS.
Goals and Challenges
As an existing client of biznet IIS for over 10 years, the Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership commissioned biznet IIS to redesign, develop and host their new website using Kentico CMS. The main objective of their new website was to effectively promote the Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership, which is responsible for strategically promoting the co-ordinated management of Strangford Lough as an environmental resource, while encouraging appropriate economic and recreational activity. As an area of outstanding natural beauty, the Strangford Lough partnership relies heavily on local input and the co-operation of many interest groups involved in reaction, conservation and industry on and around the Lough. Via the website, their main objective was to increase awareness of the work the partnership does, and recruit volunteers to help sustain the Lough, wildlife and community.
The biggest challenge was to ensure the successful integration of Esri Maps which is a system which would allow the Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership to author maps and promote the areas of conservation, heritage and townlands. This challenge was overcome by effective communication between Esri and the biznet IIS project delivery team.
Features used within Kentico CMS include the following:
• Standard template CMS pages to facilitate content updates
• bizforms to allow interest groups to request information
• Media Centre which has been integrated with library functionally allowing the client to create image gallery categories images can also be uploaded by users;
• Events centre including calendar
• News manager allowing Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership to keep all stakeholders up to date with developments within the conservation area
• Publication Library which allows the user to search for documents by category or key word
• Site search allowing users to search for information with the use of keywords
• Links manager allowing the Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership to provide supporting information and link URLs
• Newsletter allowing user to register to receive regular updates
• Kentico Analytics and web trends
Bespoke web parts were the customised and integrated into the site in the form of integrated of Esri Maps. The entire solution was designed, built and moved to a secure Kentico hosting environment within 12 weeks.
The new Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership website was complemented by a rebranding strategy which is promoted on and off line. The new online presence allows the Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership to effectively promote and educate stakeholders on projects, events, news, maps and trails on the area of outstanding and nature beauty. The Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership are actively using the website to promote and encourage stakeholder participation to help sustain the Lough, wildlife and the community.
The site has been built cross browser compatible and search engine friendly, helping it to rank in the major search for chosen key phrases.
Key criteria for selecting Kentico CMS
Kentico CMS was the most suitable CMS to support the Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership upgrade from ColdFusion to .Net. In comparison to alternative products such as EPiServer and Sitecore, Kentico CMS offered the Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership with a cost effective, feature rich, robust and scalable solution which could be developed to support partnerships needs. Kentico CMS offered Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership with the reassurance that they were investing in tried and tested solution which is used by thousands of users worldwide.
View the Website