Biznet IIS was commissioned by Surf Holidays to carry out a complete website build including CMS functionality, Web 2.0 technologies, online booking engine, and GDS Integration.
The Project involved Biznet IIS designing the Website interface, it was agreed that this was best achieved by implementing Web 2.0 design features such as large buttons and data input items. The entire home page was also to incorporate user calls to action such as “Book Now”, “Customer Reviews” and “Special Offers”
The entire booking process also was to incorporate core Web 2.0 principals, view user generated content associated with each property and location.
The Features of the project include:
- Website design including incorporation of surf holidays brand and Web 2.0 functionality;
- Creation of numerous page templates for home and sub pages
- Online booking engine
- Integration with Hotel Beds GDS Engine
Kentico CMS incorporating the following functionality:
- Standard Content Management
- Page Type / Layout Management
- News Management
- Property and Location Management
- Image / Video / Audio Media Gallery
- Discussion Boards
- Subscriptions Manager
- User Generated Content “Reviews”
- Google Mapping
- Survey Manager and Reporting tool
- FAQs / Links / Form Builder etc.
- Email / SMS Marketing
- Content Tagging / Associations / Relationships
- Deployment of Clicktracks Web Analytics
The Surf Holidays project is currently being managed and will be delivered well within the 8 week project timeline and within the agreed project cost. Working closely in conjunction with Surf Holidays Biznet IIS is delivering an extremely attractive, enticing, user friendly website design, which is the embodiment of Web 2.0 principals, and is a bench mark among travel websites.
The delivered project on the Kentico CMS offers Surf Holidays much greater scope for creation, management and amendment of website information architecture, content, structure and layouts. This additional functionality has been delivered in an extremely user friendly environment and includes workflows, auditing and version control.
One main objective of the project was to create an online booking Website that would also be a social networking and reference point for lovers of Surfing from across Europe, this has been achieved and reports will be gathered based on the amount of bookings and user registrations once the site went live (January 2009)
Surf Holidays is engaging Biznet IIS to develop Phase 2 of the project which will include the following functionality:
- Social Networking and Community Tools
- Additional GDS suppliers to offer further product to clients
- White Label Solutions
View the Website